We can’t deny the world is rapidly moving towards a more electronic way of dealing with money, compared to the olden days when people dealt with hard cash. PayPal is one such money wallet that is ruling the electronic era alongside others.
Paypal offers two types of accounts to its customers, Personal and Business. In this article, we will see how to change PayPal from Business to Personal.
A majority of the Paypal customer base consists of individuals who use the application to send or receive personal payments for shared expenses such as splitting bills, sending a birthday gift, or casual sellers or non-business individuals who wish to get paid online.
The other types of customers are business-related individuals like merchants who operate under a company/group.
Keeping the types of customers in mind PayPal offers two types of accounts:
- Paypal Personal Account: It is designed for people who use PayPal for either online shopping or to send money to family or friends. You can also use this account if you are a casual seller. Many limitations come with a Personal account. One of them is you won’t be able to accept payments in different currencies.
- PayPal Business Account: Anyone can use this type of account. It offers everything the personal account offers and more. The Business account is much more secure when compared to the personal account. It also provides a range of products that support businesses making their work easier and increasing their productivity. There is no additional fee to use the Business account.
There are no differences between Personal and Business in terms of the fee. The only difference is the features available. Once you have registered for a business account, downgrading it to a Personal Account is not that straightforward.
Since there are no additional fees to use the Business account, I would recommend not downgrade your account. If you retain the Business account, you can enjoy a bouquet of benefits that PayPal offers.
If the reason you want to downgrade is that someone is bothering you, then read on How to block someone on PayPal.
Here we will discuss How to change PayPal from Business to Personal, with a detailed step by step guide that will help you through the process.
How to change PayPal from Business to Personal
Due to the changes made by PayPal to the user interface, it has become a little difficult to contact their customer service. A while back, this could be achieved with minimal steps.
The only way you can downgrade or upgrade your PayPal account is by contacting their customer support team. I have laid down two methods for your question, how to change Paypal from Business to personal.
SOLUTION 1 – How to change PayPal from Business to Personal
This solution will provide a step by step guide to get in touch with the PayPal support team via their chat assistant ( Chatbot ), we will try to get in touch with a support agent via the chatbot.
- Navigate to the PayPal website and select contact link the footer of the page. It will navigate you to the PayPal Help Center.
- Scroll down until you see “Message us.” Click on the Message Us button.
- It will now ask you to log in in case you are not logged in already. Make sure that you log in using valid credentials.
- Use the “Message us” section to communicate with the agent. The PayPal Assistant, which is the chatbot, will try to solve your common question. In this case, we need to chat with the chatbot to resolve our request.
- Just keep answering questions until it asks, “Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?” Click yes.
- If the agent is available, he would respond to your queries.
- This Approach is quicker when compared to solution two that we will look into next. Solution 2 will need you to communicate with the PayPal support team via Email.
SOLUTION 2 – How to change PayPal from Business to Personal
This solution is a step by step guide to solve your query on How to change PayPal from Business to Personal by sending an email to the support team. This method is slower when compared to the first but easier to implement.
- Log in to your PayPal account using your credentials. You have to log in to make this request.
- After logging in, you will land on the account summary page. In the footer, bottom left. Click on the contact link. You will be navigated to the Contact Us page.
- You will now land on the Help Center page. Here you need to select “Account profile and set up” and then “Upgrade or downgrade your account.”
- Scroll down until you see the “Email us” option. It will redirect to the Email Customer Service page.
- In case your not able to see the “Email us” option. Click this link https://www.paypal.com/smc/compose, which will navigate to the Contact Us page.
- If you have used the above link, you will need to select “Account profile and set up” and then “Upgrade or downgrade your account” from the drop-down.
- After this, you have to type your message or reason for the downgrade of the account. They will respond to you in 24 hours. That’s their Estimate time to respond.
In the description box you could type a message similar to below:
I am a registered user of PayPal with the name (your name here). I want to raise a request to downgrade my PayPal account from PayPal Business to PayPal personal as I feel that PayPal’s Personal Account would better suit my need.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. To ask any further information regarding my query, you can contact me on my email id or phone number (mention your phone number and email-id here).
Can I change my Paypal account from Business to Personal?
Yes, you can change your PayPal account from Business to personal by contacting their support team. The process may take up to 24 hours and will not happen immediately.
Follow the steps mentioned above to downgrade your PayPal account.