It is not a straightforward process to delete Chegg Account. In this article, find a complete guide on how to delete Chegg account with three simple steps including screenshots.
First, a little about Chegg. Using Chegg you can rent or buy digital and physical copies of books, take online tutoring sessions and opt for many other student services. Chegg was founded in the year 2005, by a group of Iowa University Students. As of now, it has over 2.9 million subscribers and is a constantly growing organization.
Although, Chegg offers various different services for students, many often look out for ways to delete Chegg account. There are several reasons why people want to delete their Chegg account, some of them include:
- They receive promotional emails or communications from the company. To avoid this you can unsubscribe from emails or can move all Hotstar emails to the spam folder
- They subscribed to a service and are being constantly charged for it, thinking that there is no way out people often believe that deleting Chegg account would end the subscription.
- They no longer require services from Chegg.
Whatever your reason might be, follow the below guide to delete Chegg account easily.
How to delete Chegg Account?
As mentioned earlier, deleting your Chegg account is not straightforward, but you have nothing to worry. We’ve got you covered!
To delete Chegg account follow the below easy three-step process carefully.
Step 1: Cancel any active subscriptions
Prior to deleting your Chegg account, you must ensure that all active subscriptions have been cancelled. If any active subscriptions are running, your Chegg account cannot be deleted. To check and cancel active subscriptions follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Chegg Orders and Payment History page or login to your Chegg account and navigate to My Account -> Orders.
- Select the subscription. Next, click on Cancel Subscription.
- Make sure to repeat step 2 for all active subscription before you proceed to Delete Chegg account.
Step 2: Close all open transactions
Once you cancel all active subscriptions, double-check your account to see if there are any open transactions present. To check for open transactions navigate to your Chegg account details page.
Once you’re on the Chegg Account details page, cross-verify that all transactions have been closed. If not then close any open transactions.
Step 3: Contact Chegg Support requesting for an account deletion
You can contact Chegg support team either via call or through social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. You can also contact Chegg support via their live chat.
To contact Chegg support via Live chat, navigate to Chegg Contact Us Page, and click on Live Chat at the left-hand corner of the page as shown in the below image. In the Live chat type out a message requesting for account deletion.
To contact Chegg support via Twitter, navigate to your Twitter account and tweet a post with a tag @CheggHelp. The Chegg support team will repost to your query and help you with account deletion.
To contact Chegg support via email, follow the below steps:
- Log in to the email account that you have registered with Chegg. Remember, you can send an email with any account that you own. Make sure to include the details of your Chegg account in that email.
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected]
- You can keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR CHEGG ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
I am a registered user of Chegg with the name (Your name here ) and the email id linked with this account is [email protected] I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons, I request you to delete my account from your database and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement mails.
(Your name Here)
I hope, you guys were successfully able to delete Chegg account with the help of the above guide. If you have doubts on the process, leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading!!