Learn how to delete Badoo Account in just a few easy steps by following this article.
Badoo is a dating-focused social network site founded by a Russian entrepreneur, where you can find people who share your interests. It is pitched as a platform to make use of if you are looking to hang out with someone new in a city you’re visiting or to connect with people at an event.
While none can deny that it’s a great dating app, sometimes we might just want to take a step back from the dating world.
Maybe Bado is just not for you or maybe you have found the love of your life. Whatever your reason might be, if you are looking at how to delete Badoo account, we have got you covered!
How To Delete Badoo Account
Follow the below step-by-step process to delete Badoo account :
- Navigate and log in to the Badoo application on your Mobile.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the application window.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top left corner of the application window.
- Click on Account.
- Note that at this step you also have an option to “Hide Account“. Hiding your account is similar to deleting it, except that you can come back whenever to like and the account will be visible by default. If you wish to Hide your account then checkmark it on the hide account box.
- Click on Delete Account.
- Select a “Delete your account” and click on Continue.
- Click on “No, Delete my Account” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select any reason from the list of reasons and click on “Delete account“.
- Your account will be deleted and a confirmation message will show up as shown in the below image.
How to Delete Badoo account via Website
Another easy way of deleting your account is by getting in touch with Badoo customer care on their official website. Follow the below steps to delete Badoo account via this method.
- Navigate to Badoo Customer care page.
- Select ‘Report a safety concern from the list of options.
- Enter your name, and email address in the boxes provided.
- In the ‘Message‘ section, enter a brief description requesting account deletion. A sample description could be as follows: ‘I am a registered user of Badoo with the name Example C and the email id linked with this account is (your email id here). I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons, I request you to delete my account from your database and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement emails.’
- Click on “Send Message“.
How To Unsubscribe/Cancel Badoo Membership
Prior to deleting your account, it is important that you cancel any premium memberships that you have purchased with Badoo. If the memberships are still active, the account cannot be deleted.
To cancel Badoo subscription on an iOS device follow the steps below:
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Tap on your Apple Id.
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and tap on Manage.
- Select the Badoo App and turn off Auto-renew.
To cancel Badoo subscription on an android device follow the steps below:
- Launch Google play store application on your phone.
- Tap on your profile icon to open the menu.
- Tap on payments & Subscriptions.
- Tap on subscriptions from the list.
- Tap on Badoo and select cancel subscription.
What happens when you delete Badoo?
When you delete your Badoo account, your profile will not be shown to any new users. All existing users whom you’ve been in touch with won’t be able to contact you anymore.
Your profile will appear as a ‘Deleted User’ to anyone whom you’ve been in contact with and they won’t be able to visit your profile or see your information.
Remember that once you delete your account, you will have a maximum of 30 days to restore it in case you change your mind. Post 30 days, your information will be purged from the system and will no longer be restorable.
It is best to keep our digital footprint to a minimum for our own security concerns and the best way of doing this is by getting rid of all accounts we no longer require.
Luckily for us, Badoo has a direct option in their app to delete our profile, this saves us the trouble of having to dig in and figure out ways to delete it.
As Badoo is an online dating platform it is best to delete your account if no longer in use for safety and privacy reasons.
Hope you guys were successfully able to delete your Badoo account with minimum trouble and congrats on minimizing our digital footprint. For assistance on any other Badoo app-related queries refer to the Badoo help center, where you will find the answer to the most popularly asked questions.
Please comment below if you have any queries.
How do I Temporarily Deactivate Badoo?
Badoo gives you the option to temporarily hide your account if you want to take a break from the application for a while.
When the account is hidden, it will not appear in People Nearby or Encounters. Users who messaged you previously can still contact you but you cannot read those messages until you unhide your profile.
Steps to hide your profile on Badoo:
1. Open the Badoo application on your device.
2. Click on the ‘Settings icon’ and select ‘Delete Account’.
3. Select ‘Hide your Account’
4. Once you confirm, you will automatically be logged out.
To unhide your profile, simply log back in.
How long does it take to deactivate Badoo?
Your account will be deactivated immediately and will stay in their database for 30 days. Post this period of 30 days your account will be erased from the database and no trace of it will be found.
How to stop receiving notifications from Badoo?
To completely stop receiving notifications from Badoo, you can choose to hide your account for some time.
To stop receiving notifications while using the app follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to Badoo app on your device.
2. Tap on the settings icons at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Notification.
4. Tap on the edit icon beside the type of notification you want to mute and mute it by toggling it off.
5. Tap on Save to update changes.