Just like Wallapop and Craigslist, Letgo is an application that helps its users to buy from or sell to others. As the name suggests, the application makes it easier for you to “Letgo” of the things you no longer require.
Once done using the App, people often want to delete the Letgo account. In this article, find the full guide on how to delete Letgo Account to help you through the deletion process.
Letgo is used either from a Mobile device or through a web browser. It helps users buy or sell their pre-owned items quickly with just a few clicks. Once you create an account with Letgo, you can upload images and descriptions of the things you want to sell or browse through the items that have been uploaded by other users.
There are many reasons why someone would want to delete Letgo Account, some of them could be:
- They were getting too many promotional or advertisement-related communications from the Letgo application. These kinds of promotional emails can crowd up your inbox, and you could miss out on important emails.
- They wanted to use the app probably to buy/sell one item, which has been done.
- They got spammed on the Letgo application but some unknown seller.
Note that there are various ways to stop getting promotional emails from Letgo. To avoid promotional communications, you do not have to delete the Letgo account. To delete your Letgo account for any other reason, continue reading the How to Delete Letgo Account guide below!
How to Delete Letgo Account
As mentioned above, Letgo can be opened as an application on your mobile device or used via a web browser. Letgo app is available both on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. You could delete your account from the Letgo website or send an email to the Letgo support team.
How to delete Letgo Account on PC?
Letgo can be used from any web browser by navigating to their official site. Follow the below steps to delete the Letgo account from your PC.
- Navigate to Letgo’s official site and log in.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on My Profile from the list of options.
- Click on the settings icon.
- You will land on a page with two tabs namely “Profile” and “Your data“. Click on “Your data.”
- Select “Delete Account” from the list of options.
- You will get a notification stating, “Deleting the Letgo account will delete all your Letgo information.” Click on “Delete account.”
- In the confirmation pop-up, click on “Yes, delete my account.”
- It will notify you that your account is marked for deletion.
- Once you delete your account, the account will be inactive in 48 hours, and all your Letgo information is deleted within 30 days.
How to delete Letgo Account via E-mail to Letgo Support?
The easiest way to delete your Letgo account is by logging into Letgo’s official site from your web browser. However, you could also delete your account by sending an email to the Letgo support team. Follow the below steps to delete your Letgo account via email:
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected].
- Keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “LETGO ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
Sample Email Template
Hi Letgo Team,
I am a registered user of Letgo with the name John C, and the email address linked with this account is [email protected]. I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons. I request you delete my account and I also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement emails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. You can contact me at my email address or phone number (mention your phone number and email address here).
Why is my Letgo Account under review?
Your Letgo account could be under review for any of the below reasons:
1. You may have gone against one or a few of the Letgo Guidelines. Letgo has a set of guidelines that you need to abide by while using the app. If not followed, your profile could be sent for review.
2. Someone might have reported you as a scammer. Ensure that you do not scam any user on Letgo. If they report you, your profile could be reviewed by Letgo.
3. It could be just a technical error that your profile is under review.
There is nothing to worry about if you have been a genuine user of Letgo. Your profile will be active in no time.