Not using your Skrill account anymore? In this article, you will find detailed steps with screenshots attached on how to delete Skrill Account.
Skrill is a digital wallet provider that was established in 2001. It offers a range of online payment and money transfer services in over 120 countries. Customers have the ability to add money to their Skrill wallet using various payment options. These funds can then be used to pay merchants or other Skrill users easily and without any hassle.
Although Skrill has many exciting features to offer, it also comes with a list of downsides. There are many reasons why someone would want to delete their Skrill account; some of them include:
- Receiving too many promotional or advertisement-related communications from the Skrill application. These kinds of promotional emails can crowd up your inbox, and you could miss out on important emails.
- The user no longer resides in the country where Skrill is supported.
- The user is concerned about his security while using the application.
Note: You are allowed to close or delete your Skrill account only after 14 days from the date of creating it.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Skrill Account: 3 different Methods
Skrill can be accessed and used via their website using a web browser or via a mobile app that you can download onto your phone. You can delete your Skrill account either using the Skrill website or using the Skrill mobile application.
There are three methods by which you can delete your Skrill account once you no longer need it. In this article, each method is explained in detail with screenshots to help you delete your Skrill account easily.
Before you proceed to close your account, make sure that you have spent all the available funds and that your balance is 0.00
Method 1: How to delete Skill Account via Skrill Website
Follow the below steps to delete your Skrill Account using the Skrill website.
- Navigate to the Skrill website and enter your login credentials if prompted. You might also be required to enter a six-digit authentication code that is sent over to your mobile phone.
- Click on your username at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on Close Account.
- You will be prompted to enter a reason for Account closure which is an optional step. Once you mention a suitable reason, click on ‘Close My Account’.
Method 2: How to Delete Skrill Account via Skrill Mobile App
Skrill app is available on both the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store. Follow the below steps to delete your Skrill account using the Skrill mobile application.
- Open the Skrill application on your mobile device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top left corner of the page.
- Tap on Contact Us from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Message Us at the bottom of the page.
- Select the category “Account” and the sub-category “I want to close my account.“
- Type a suitable message about why you want to delete your account.
- Click on Send.
Method 3: How to Delete Skrill Account via Email
The preceding two methods are highly effective for closing your Skrill account. Alternatively, you can choose to delete your account via email by following the steps outlined below:
- Compose an email and send it to [email protected].
- Ensure that the subject line reads either “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “SKRILL ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body of the email, articulate the reasons for wanting to delete your account and clearly state your request for account deletion. A sample template is provided below for your convenience.
Sample Email Template
Hi Skrill Team,
I am a registered user of Skrill with the name John C, and the email address linked with this account is [email protected]. I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons. I request that you delete my account and would also like to stop receiving communication or advertisement emails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. You can contact me at my email address or phone number (mention your phone number and email address here).
If your Skrill Account holds a balance at the time of its closure, you will be asked to withdraw the funds within a reasonable period of time. After the expiration of this period, you will not be able to access your Skrill account to withdraw funds.
Thanks for reading!