Not using your Skrill account anymore? In this article, find detailed steps with screenshots attached on how to delete Skrill Account.
Skrill is a digital wallet provider that was established in the year 2001. It offers a range of online payment and money transfer services in over 120 countries. Customers have the ability to add money to their Skrill wallet using various payment options. These funds can then be used to pay merchants or other Skrill users easily without any hassle.
Although Skrill has many exciting features to offer, it also comes with a list of downsides. There are many reasons why someone would want to delete their Skrill account, some of them include:
- Receiving too many promotional or advertisement related communications from the Skrill application. These kinds of promotional mails can crowd up the inbox, and you could miss out on important mails.
- The user no longer resides in the country where Skrill is supported.
- The user is concerned about his security while using the application.
Note: you are allowed to close or delete your Skrill account only after 14 days from the date of creating the account.
How to Delete Skrill Account – 3 different Methods
Skrill can be accessed and used via their website using a web browser or via a mobile app that you can download onto your phone. You can delete your Skrill account either using the Skrill website or using the Skrill mobile application.
There are three methods using which you can delete your Skrill Account once you no longer need it. In this article, each method is explained in detail with screenshots to help you delete your Skrill account easily.
Before you proceed to closing your account, make sure that you have spent all the available funds and your balance is 0.00
Method 1: How to delete Skill Account via Skrill Website
Follow the below steps to delete your Skrill Account using the Skrill Website.
- Navigate to the Skrill website and enter your login credentials if prompted. You might also require to enter a six-digit authentication code that is sent over to your mobile phone.
- Click on your username at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on Close Account.
- You will be prompted to enter a reason for Account closure which is an optional step. Once you mention a suitable reason, click on ‘Close My Account’.
Method 2: How to Delete Skrill Account via Skrill Mobile App
Skrill app is available on both Google Play Store and iOS App store. Follow the below steps to delete your Skrill Account using the Skrill Mobile Application.
- Open Skrill Application on your Mobile.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the top left corner of the page.
- Tap on Contact Us from the dropdown menu.
- Tap on Message Us at the bottom of the page.
- Select category as “Account” and sub-category as “I want to close my Account.“
- Type a suitable message about why you want to delete your account.
- Click on Send.
Method 3: How to Delete Skrill Account via Email
The above two methods are best preferred to delete your Skrill Account. You can also delete your account via mail. Follow the below steps to delete your Skrill Account via E-mail:
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected]skrill.com.
- Keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “SKRILL ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
Sample email Template
Hi Skrill Team,
I am a registered user of Skrill with the name John C and the email id linked with this account is [email protected] I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons. I request you to delete my account and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement mails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. You can contact me on my email id or phone number (mention your phone number and email-id here).
If your Skrill Account holds a balance at the time of its closure, you will be asked to withdraw the funds within a reasonable period of time. After the expiration of this period, you will not be able to access Skrill Account to withdraw funds.
Thanks for reading!