USPS or otherwise referred to as US Postal Services, is a part of the US federal government, which provides postal services to people. Once you have created an account with USPS, deleting it is not a straightforward process.
In this article, you will find a full guide on how to delete USPS account with detailed steps and screenshots.
USPS, also commonly known as PostOffice, Postal service, or U.S mail, dates back to the 1770s, when the Postal Service Act was passed. Currently, USPS is a vast organization that serves all Americans irrespective of the geographical location.
There could be several reasons why someone would want to delete their USPS account. A few of the reasons may include:
- They are receiving spammy or suspicious-looking emails that appear to be from the USPS postal service but are not.
- They moved out of the States and no longer required the service of USPS.
- They are receiving too many advertisement mails from USPS.
Whatever your reason might be, we will guide you on How to Delete USPS account. Keep Reading!
How to delete USPS Account?
There are three ways by which you can delete your USPS account. The first way is to mail them from your Email ID and request for account deletion. The second way is to visit their support center (Contact Us Page) and raise a support ticket.
How to delete USPS Account via Mail?
- Log in to the email account that you have registered with USPS. You don’t need to send the email with the registered account. You can send it from any email account that you own. Just make sure to add the details of your USPS account in the body section of the mail.
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected].
- You can keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “USPS ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
I am a registered user of USPS with the name (Your Name Here), and the email id linked with this account is ( Your Email here ). I no longer need this postal service at the moment, due to personal reasons. I request you to delete my account from your database and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement emails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. To ask for any further information regarding my query, you can contact me on my email id or phone number (mention your phone number and email-id here).
How to delete USPS account via USPS Contact Us Page?
If you do not want to send out an email to USPS via your email account, alternatively, you can contact the USPS team from their Support / Contact Us page.
Follow the below steps to delete your USPS account via USPS support page:
1. Login to your USPS account, by navigating to their official website.
2. Click on Support icon, at the top of the page.
3. Click on Email Us.
4. Click on USPS.com
5. Click on My Online Account.
6. Click on Profile.
7. Provide your username in the form that pops up. In the text box provided, put out a request for account deletion. Write around 3-4 requesting account deletion, along with a reason why you want to delete your USPS account.
8. Click on Next. In the pop-up that comes, fill out all the necessary information and click on Finish.
9. You have successfully submitted a request to USPS support team to delete your account.
I hope you guys were successfully able to delete your USPS account successfully. You can also visit the FAQ page of USPS to find answers to related queries.
If you have doubts on the deletion process, leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!!